13 January 2016

Brick Separator

Here's a little building I made as an experiment. The angled pillars holding up the roof might be familiar to many LEGO builders.


The Brick Separator is a very handy tool. I was recently over at my parents' house sorting and building some of my childhood sets. The number of teeth marks on the edges of small pieces joined together (from years and years of separating tightly-joined plates the hard way) was kind of scary. I wish we'd had a tool like this back then! While there were earlier versions in the 1990s, this tool dates from 2012, and is provided in a lot of large sets.



The versatility of parts is one of the great things about LEGO - a single sloped piece can be a roof tile, a car part, or a telephone. My collection of brick separators has been growing over the last few years of being an AFOL, so I wanted to actually make use of them in construction. I only ever really need one at a time, so why not put the rest to use somehow?

Here's the front view of my building experiment.


I was inspired in part by the pictures below, which I took at the Bundaberg Brick Event in January 2015. Adrian's villain hideout features a curved orange awning over the front doors.


Here's a better view of the awning, with bonus bridal party photobombing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...