03 February 2016

Esky

Two years ago I attended my first LUG meeting, which included an Australia-Day-themed MOC competition. I brought along this Esky (cooler). I started with two aircraft roof segments as the lid, and worked out the scale from there, building from the top down.



The esky was fully stocked - check out all the details below.




A loaf of sliced bread, two ice-packs, and a pair of tongs:


A drink bottle, and three cans:


I also built a T-bone steak, and sausages (made of red 1x1 round bricks linked with mugs). For an extra layer of realism, I used black boat base pieces as polystyrene trays, then wrapped them up in plastic (leftover small bags from the most-recently-purchased set).


I filled the bottom of the esky with ice: a whole lot of loose 1x1 bricks and plates, in white and trans-clear.


I even included a plug in the back corner, for draining excess water.


The plug hole lined up with the base.


Flip-up handles for ease of carrying:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...