14 December 2015

Snake Plissken

Here's the next in my series of mix-n-match efforts to create movie characters in minifigure form. This time it's Snake Plissken, as played by Kurt Russell in 1981's Escape from New York.

"Call me Snake."
Most of the parts (arms, hair, torso) were easy to source, being plain colours. I didn't have any Pirate sets at the time, so had to get some in order to get the bearded face with an eyepatch. I borrowed the legs from one of my Star Wars Kashyyyk Troopers, whose uniforms are very similar to modern army camouflage.


Above is one of my reference images I found online. Luckily, the Lego eyepatch is over the correct eye.

I displayed this minifigure at the front of my Comic-Con diorama. It was extremely satisfying to see members of the public point him out to each other and say "Hey look, Snake Plissken!" It's one thing to make a character out of basic Lego parts. It's another to have someone else know who it's meant to be!

Townsville Brick Event, June 2015.

There'll be more on that other bearded minifigure next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...