13 December 2015

Chinese Restaurant

When it comes to the Ninjago theme, I'm not a fan of the vehicle sets. The buildings are a different story, and I recently built 70728 Battle for Ninjago City. I love the colour combinations of red, gold and dark green.




I have a couple still in the box, with future plans for a large medieval Japanese display. With no room to display it on my shelves, I dismantled the set I'd just built, and then set to work on making a Chinese restaurant instead.

After a lot of trial and error, and some building and re-building, I ended up with the building below.



It's built on a 8 x 16 plate, the same basic size I used for previous buildings in my Minotaur Bay display, such as the pub and the cafe.


Attempts at a balcony and a half-size second storey never looked right, so I turned the upstairs into a semi-open-air eating area, with large open windows between the decorated wall panels.


Lanterns hanging over the front door.


I took the picture with a bright light behind to get an idea of what it would look like with lights. I haven't yet incorporated any LEDs into displays, but perhaps one day I'll take that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...